Apprentice Technician – All Locations
Apprenticeships at AW Repair Group offer a great opportunity to open the pathway for a life-long career in the accident repair industry. This summer we are recruiting a minimum of 15 new apprentices to join our dynamic team. You will start your three-year apprenticeship as a trainee accident repair technician gaining a Level 3 qualification in MET (Mechanical Electrical & Trim) and training in paint & panel.
You will be based at one of our bright modern accident repair centres gaining practical skills and work experience, learning while you earn, mentoring by a senior qualified technician with support from within our own Training & Apprenticeship Academy. Week-long break out learning takes place every six weeks at the renowned Thatcham Research Academy where you will meet up with apprentices from across the AW Group and complete formal assessments to support your practical experience and e-learning modules. During your apprenticeship you have the opportunity to choose the speciality area of technical competence you favour and become an essential part of our team.
We are holding an Apprentice Open Day on Saturday 4th September 2021 where you can meet our current Y3 apprentices and learn more about careers in this exciting, technologically advanced industry or APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
To start an apprenticeship with us, you need to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be willing to work Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
- Work occasional Saturdays upon request 9am to 12pm
- Be prepared to commit to your apprenticeship for 3 years
- work five days a week and go to the Thatcham Research Centre for one week every six weeks (accommodation can be provided)
- Be provided with a uniform, starter kit, health & wellbeing support and experienced mentor
- Complete on-line e-learning
An apprenticeship Standard at Thatcham Research academy will always include:
- A Level 3 qualification (assessed on the job)
- A technical certificate issued by Thatcham Research upon completion
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) support where needed
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Accurately and skillfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- You will choose one of the three disciplines MET, Panel or Paint
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Full details will be given to you on application
Why should you choose AW Repair Group:
AW Repair Group is an industry leading accident repair group in the UK. By joining AW Repair Group, you will be given the chance to shape the future of the accident repair industry whilst developing a successful career for yourself.
We are proud of the value that we add to our customers, we are constantly adapting and developing to meet the requirements of the advancements in technology in the modern-day vehicle. We help our people reach their full potential by providing training, coaching and opportunity to grow. Our teams work collaboratively across the whole of our business to support and develop new skills.
Are you young, eager and determined to get on? We have the opportunity just for you. Why not choose a lifelong career in the accident repair industry and apply to join our Training and Apprenticeship Academy.
Job Type: Full-time